Let’s be honest, even the best of us need something to cheer us up this time of year. It’s cold, the days are short, and we rely too much on comfort food to beat away the winter blues. Why not embrace the winter months and take advantage of your down time?
Here are a few ways I like to unwind that may inspire you…
1) Hot Yoga – Hit up a great class in your neighbourhood, calm your mind, warm your body, and get off the couch. You will feel balanced, centered, and a whole lot better about your week by including this practice into your routine! My favorite hideouts are 889Yoga, Tula, and DownwardDog.
2) Download New Music – Music can feed the soul and help to either motivate you or help you wind down after a long day. My all time favorites for relaxing are Bon Iver, Nick Drake and The National.
3) Take a Hot Bath – Step 1: pour bath. Step 2: add music/candles/epsom salts/essential oils. Step 3: turn everything else off, including your mind. Step 4: enjoy.
4) Disconnect – Take a moment to disconnect from everything “tech” in your life. Turn off your phones, televisions, computers – whatever you need to relax and spend a little quality time with yourself.
5) Sweat – Nothing makes you feel better about yourself than being active. Hit the gym, a yoga studio, boxing class, or spin your heart out! Whatever you choose to stay active remember, you’ll only regret the workouts you don’t do!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and thank you once again for all your support this past year!
There will unfortunately be no treatments available on the following days in December. I apologize for any inconvenience and make sure to book in while spots are still open to take advantage of any benefits before they run out!
:December 15th-19th / 24th-25th / 27th-29th
Refer to my Bookings page for appointment information, location details, and rates! Massage appointments will be available most Saturdays throughout the summer, and occasionally on Friday nights and Sunday mornings.
Stay tuned for more news about my practice extension up North on Georgian Bay this summer! As a part of the SSCA, I will be offering regular massage appointments on Fridays and Saturdays near the tennis courts and dockhouse – exact location will be confirmed later this spring! If you have any questions please feel free to email me.
If you’re in and around the Rosedale/Summerhill area, come check out the Ultimate Athletics Club and the new home of Colin Baird RMT! Available exclusively Tuesdays at the UAC, but appointments can be made in advance for any day of the week!
Just in time for the holiday season! Show your friends and family that you care by getting them the gift of massage! Who wouldn’t love to unwrap that?
Show your support for my practice by liking me on Facebook! If you’re a member already, you will get regular updates on new lifestyle content, promotions, and events! Colin Baird RMT
As a new therapist, I am constantly challenging myself, learning new techniques, and expanding my approach to health care. My latest focus is a technique that many Physiotherapists already use in their practice. A form of soft tissue release using a specialized tool that acts as a sort of “iron” to remove adhesions and restrictions. It is based on a Traditional Chinese Medicine technique called Gua Sha, but today’s variation uses commonly known restriction patterns and a much gentler releasing technique to achieve dramatic changes in a person’s tissues.
Email me if you have any questions about IASTM or if you would like to find out how this technique can help YOU!!
It’s that time of year again! Time to book in for a massage and take advantage of the last of those 2013 health care benefits! Why not get a head start on your New Year’s resolutions? Book a massage to tackle everything from joint and muscle pain, to stubborn headaches, or even to just to unwind from all the holiday and Rob Ford stress!
Contact me by email and lets see what we can do!
Take a peak at some of the interesting news and articles Naturopathic Doctor and owner Makoto Trotter and the rest of the Zen-Tai team have to share by liking us on “the Facebook“!
Colin Baird is the owner and principal RMT at Local Fix Clinic Toronto.